Feta and summer Vegetable Tart
This recipe can also be used to make up mini tarts as well!
- 225g flour, extra to dust
- 100g unsalted butter, diced and chilled
- 50g marinated Persian feta
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 large egg yolk, whisked with 1/3 cup chilled water
- 1 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 100g marinated Persian feta
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 squash, thinly sliced across
- ½ zucchini thinly sliced across
- 3 mixed coloured tomatoes – thinly sliced across
- 1 tbsp olive oil from marinated feta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with a fork
- Extra marinated feta and side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a food processor, Feta tart blend flour, butter, feta, salt and chives together until the mixture has a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- Add 2/3 of the egg yolk mixture and process until mixture begins to come together. Add more liquid if required.
- Bring the dough together with your hands and gently knead on a floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Whilst pastry is chilling make the cheese filling by combining ingredients to a chunky mixture. Season to taste.
- Roll out chilled pastry onto lightly floured surface to a disc around 3mm thick. Transfer to a lightly floured oven tray. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over base, leaving a 5cm border.
- Spread cheese mixture thickly over centre of the dough leaving a 5cm border around the outside.
- Push the sides of the pastry up around the cheese filling, pinching to hold together.
- Using a palette knife, flatten the top of the filling until level.
- Arrange vegetables on top of the cheese filling in a spiral, alternating the sliced vegetables to cover the cheese. Drizzle with oil from the marinated feta.