Just when you thought you had run out of ideas for a weeknight meal that’s both healthy and delicious, here’s a great new recipe to try thanks to our very own Paisley Park chef, Michael.
Michael’s Thai Style Fish Cakes are full of flavour, and of course plenty of veggies, and can be enjoyed with a simple salad.
This quick and convenient meal is sure to become a much-loved favourite for all the family. So, why not give it a try this week – we’re quite confident there won’t be a crumb left on anyone’s plate!
500g firm white fish fillets (we use basa), coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1 egg, lightly whisked
3 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
50g green beans, finely chopped
80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
Lime wedges, to serve
Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
- Place the fish in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the coriander, cornflour, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and egg, and process until well combined.
- Transfer the fish mixture to a large bowl. Add the shallot and beans and stir until well combine
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place 4 egg rings in the pan. Divide the fish mixture into 8 equal portions. Press 1 portion into each egg ring. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fish mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
- Divide the fish cakes among serving plates. Serve with lime wedges and extra sweet chilli sauce.